This handy UTP port multiplier allows four UTP/RJ45 connections to be connected to one UTP port of a structured cabling system. CAT5/5e/6 cables used in a conventional Fast Ethernet network are made up of 8 conductors. This port multiplier uses these 8 conductors to provide four separate connections over a single cable run, without any loss of performance. Its the perfect device for easily adding additional connections to an existing network.
Port Multipliers must be used in pairs by connecting one to a patch panel and the other to a wall outlet.
- 4 x Voice or Token Ring devices to 1 port
- Only for analogue telephone lines, not VoIP, LAN
- Low cost solution for adding extra connections
- Existing installations can be expanded quickly and simply
- Additional devices can easily be added temporarily or permanently
- No performance loss
- Saves adding additional cable runs
- Ideal for existing installations where additional cables cannot be installed easily
Please note: these multipliers are sold as single units not pairs.